Friday, July 21, 2006

Graduation Ceremony

Last week, i went for my sister's graduation ceremony/teachers' investiture. God, I was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bored. wahaha...i mean there were 747 pple walking up the stage one by one, shaking hands with the dean or whoever and receiving their cert. c'mon how long can a person keep clapping??????? i think i gave up after the Chow's...and dat is considered an achievement since most pple stopped after the Ang's...Imagine this scenario... The emcee is reading the Foo's now, I am carrying out my favourite activity (aka stoning), the woman sitting beside me is talking to her hubby, the guy sitting beside my mom is reading the chinese newspaper, the guy in front of us is sleeping comfortably with his cheek against the cushioned seat(yes, u read it right! i'm surprised he didn't drool!), the hp of the gal behind us rings (a very cute ringtone...) and she answers, a few rows ahead a guy devours his breakfast. All this in the vicinity of the gallery in Nanyang Audi and almost NOONE was clapping. At least one man was enthu enough to lean over the railings and occassionally even exercise his arms and hips (but i suspect that's coz he cldnt sit for long in the slightly uncomfortable seat). Only the graduates in the floor below were clapping to urge each other on. I admire their sense of unity.

Sporadically, the relatives of the graduate shaking hands at that point will clap very enthusiastically...cameras will flash and/or videocams will record their loved one's every moment across the stage. After this, the family gets up and exits the audi (even the free refreshments promised after the ceremony not enough of an enticement). Ok...not all the families left but quite a few did. My mom also pointed out that maybe they were rushing back to work considering its a weekday...so I shan't scorn them. Meanwhile I started to make statistics. Tan is one of the commonest surnames. There were 2 whole pages...so i estimate abt 100 Tan's. Many Malays and Indians have names in the vicinity of M, N and S. I also came to the conclusion that gals shd try to name their children or marry a guy whose surname is within the first half of the English alphabet. Well for the guys...too bad is all I can say...Haha...

Dun worry i made sure i scolded my mom for naming both of us starting with S. At least my sis is Sa but I'm Su!!!! So that's atleast 40 more pple in between. Ok...enough crap for a day...;P

Disclaimer : The content above is meant for strictly entertainment purposes only and is not meant as an insult on any particular person or group. hahaha....i'm being super lame...i juz cldnt resist the temptation...gosh wat's wrong with me????!!!! *slaps forehead*

2 Comments:

Blogger sk said...

wahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!! then i will fish for guys with surname "Ang"! wahahhaha..

5:22 PM  
Blogger scuba said...

haha...great idea!!! then ur children will definitely thank u for it when its their turn to graduate...wahaha...

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home